Saturday, December 19, 2009

Figgy Pudding Christmas Quilt


It's finished before Christmas!  I've been working on this quilt for about 3 months, and I did not think I'd have it finished before Christmas.  After a suggestion from a reader, I decided to hand quilt snowflakes in the blocks; I thought that was going to take forever!  I machine quilted around the trees which was a challenge, but I think it motivated me to try machine quilting for my next project. It's so much faster!


For the back, I used ideas from the blogs I read and found an inexpensive brown sheet that was almost the perfect size.  I really like how the scrappy stripes turned out too.  I cannot remember whose blog gave me that idea, but I noticed that most people were piecing their quilt backs in some way and I wanted to try it!

I've said this before, but I absolutely love this Figgy Pudding fabric.  Now, I'm off to make some Figgy Pudding Christmas placemats with the scraps.

Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful Christmas Quilt.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fabulous! WOW! A great combination of machine and hand quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the stitching on the back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this quilt! I've been wanting to make one but none of my LQS had the fabric. Yours is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete